Indramohan Asthana (B.Arch.,/59)
IM Asthana graduated from Department of Architecture, IIT Kharagpur as Bachelor of Architecture, with 1st Class Honours in 1959. He started professional career in architecture in 1959. FIIA and Registered with COA.
Some of his landmark projects in India include Auxilium Parish Church in Kolkata, Kala Mandir Auditorium, Hariyana Vidya Mandir School, Our Lady Queen of the Missions school, IIT Kharagpur Extension Center at Salt Lake, Electronic Library at IIT Kharagpur, Interiors for Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law at IIT Kharagpur, Terry Waite Vocational Center at Ranaghat for Y-Care Foundation UK and Government of UK, Salt Lake Shiksha Sadan School.
- Special Invitation to meet Lord Mayor of Swansea, Wales in 1988 to receive Scroll of Excellence from Lord Mayor on behalf of Overseas Development Agency, Government of UK.
- Recipient of Certificate of Appreciation from IIA in 1994, for contribution to Architecture in 1993.
- Jury Member of Architect of The Year Award in 1996 and 1998.
- Recipient of Shelter Award by Shelter Promotion Council of India in 1999.
- Recipient of Scroll of Appreciation in 2008 for Founding the first Alumni Association of IIT Kharagpur and elected as Chairman Emeritus.
- Former Chairman, West Bengal Chapter, IIA.
- President, Rotary Club of Calcutta Inner City, 2001-2002
- Executive Council member Indian Society of Lighting Engineers, 2005-2009.
- Life Member Technology Foundation, IIT Kharagpur.
- Visiting Professor at Department of Architecture, IIT Kharagpur on numerous occasions.