Help us locate a missing KGPian, get rewarded.
Alumni often look back at their student days as some of the most fulfilling and memorable experiences of their lives. You can now help your batch mates and hall mates re-establish their connection with IITKgp and help them relive the magical days.
The Office of AA&IR’s new “Find-a-Friend“ program lets you do just that: locate a missing KGPian and get rewarded!
Help add contact information on the missing alumni list of Institute alumni records and earn ‘Alumni Credits’. If you provide the correct contact information of a missing alumnus/alumna, you get 1 Alumni Credit which is equivalent to INR 150. You may use the KGP Alumni Credits in making payments towards the Institute guest house facility at IIT Kharagpur.
We invite you to refer your fellow KGPian who is on the missing list of Institute alumni records. Once the contact gets verified, your account gets credited with the Alumni Credit.
Who is eligible
To be eligible to receive Alumni Credits in your account, you must be an alumnus/alumna of IIT Kharagpur. Persons who have received the degree(s) awarded by the Institute are herein referred to as alumni/alumnae.
Begin the process
- To participate in the Alumni Referral Program, you need to log into the IITKgp Alumni Portal. Please register if you have not already done so.
- Browse through the list of missing alumni in the Institute alumni records. The names are listed according to their year of passing from IIT Kharagpur.
- To refer a contact, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Referral needs to be made in the following format:
- Name of missing alumnus/alumna:
- Year of passing/Degree/Department of missing alumnus/alumna:
- Email of missing alumnus/alumna:
- Phone of missing alumnus/alumna:
- Address of missing alumnus/alumna::
- Your name:
- Your YOP/Degree/Dept/Hall:
Terms and Conditions
- All referrals must come from registered alumni of IITKgp.
- All referrals must be made by sending an email at email@example.com.
- To qualify for Alumni Credits, a referral must provide current and valid contact information of a missing alumnus/alumna from the missing alumni list.
- Alumni Credits will be credited to your account only after the verification of contact information provided through email.
- Alumni Credits will be rewarded on first come first served basis if we receive the same information from multiple sources.
- There is no cash value of the reward. The credit may be reimbursed for guest house accommodation at IITKgp campus.
- For getting reward accommodation, booking must be made through Alumni Office.
- Alumni Credits can be used for making guest house booking for self-purpose only.
- Guest House booking will be made only based on availability.
- In the case of any dispute, the decision of Dean, AA&IR will be final and binding.
- The earned Alumni Credits could be used latest by 31.12.2018.
We ensure the information provided will be secured and would only be utilised for the purpose and interest of IIT Kharagpur. We ensure the given data would be handled very carefully and professionally and would not be shared further in any form.
We will not share your information with third parties except
- as required by law,
- as necessary to protect the Institute's interests,
- with service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed in writing to protect the confidentiality of the data, or
- in instances that you permit OR in accordance with your consent
Office of Alumni Affairs & International Relations
Phone: (03222) 281860